Saturday 14 March 2015

Sir Terry Pratchett - Rest In Peace


This is a blog entry I didn't want to have to write yet.

I was at work on Thursday 12th March, and a friend told me that Sir Terry had died.

I was lost for words.

As Rik Mayall, who passed last year, was a comedy inspiration for me, Sir Terry was my writing inspiration.

If it wasn't for his Discworld series I would probably have never started writing my own little stories.

My Twitter account and this blog are named in inspiration of the Discworld.

He was and still is and forever will be my favourite author.

The Discworld made the last 20 odd years of my life very happy.

His death was announced on his twitter feed with a beautifully poignant Discworld style series of tweets.


I'm not going to lie - I cried when I read this.

If somehow the spirit of Sir Terry can read this blog entry then I'd just like to say

"Thank you for everything. From the bottom of my heart. Thank you."

The Fool.